Meeting Notes: May 2021
FINALLY, finally finally. We are meeting in-person again. Several of us, all vaccinated, gathered on Lynda's very large deck behind her condo building. It was a very hot sunny Sunday and fortunately there were umbrellas and comfy chairs in the shade. But best of all, it was just wonderful to be hooking together again. There was a lot of business covered (see below), and a lot of rug ogling and rug hooking. Here are the photos to prove it:
Spectacular "Bedrug Fantasy," designed by Marie Azzaro and color planned and hooked by Ann M. Cairns of Shrewsbury. 2020, 6-cut. We saw this beauty just begun in September of 2019 at the last Quabbin ATHA Hook-in at Shelburne Falls. We're having a revival of the hook-in in September of 2021 so look for details under the Upcoming Events tab here.
There were some other rugs as well (including two finished Duncans) but yours truly was somewhat overheated and inept and didn't get pictures. You'll just have to come to a meeting and see for yourself! I went home with three pounds of wool yardage, gorgeous wools originally from Dorr. Lynda is looking to sell wool that's taking up space in her condo. There will be future wool sales at ridiculously low prices. This time it was only $6/lb.
Lynda wrote up some of the things we discussed at the meeting. Here are her comments:
Highlights (not minutes) of the meeting, by Lynda:
1. Wool sale was held and some wool was bought by attendees but not enough!
We agreed to sell wool at the Hook-In in September instead of having vendors.***
a. members can bring wool to the Hook-In to sell.
b. at the next meeting we will decide who and where people will get together and bag (and price?) wool to sell at the Hook In.
***NOTE: YES, THERE WILL BE A HOOK-IN IN SEPTEMBER! 9/18/21 in fact. Make a note of the date and stay tuned for further details.
2. Attendees were asked if people would like to work on a group rug.
Attendees were asked if people would be interested in working on an
******there was some interest in an open ended, widely interpreted idea like
“atmosphere” or “community” etc. based on book Twelve of Twelve.
To be discussed further
3 There was interest in taking a class as a group.
To be discussed further
4. There was general interest in having a day of dyeing wool at Liziana. Diana will give us some dates to consider using her facility. Dyers will coordinate and bring supplies!!
5. Magazine subscriptions: maintain current subscriptions, no increase
6. Treasurers report was given: We have $3,676.58 in our Treasury as of December 31st 2020. As of May 16th, 2021 we have $3891.58. Last year while we were all hibernating, the biggest expense was $107 to establish this website.
7. Discussion of Rug Registry history.
8. Next meeting on June 20th at Liziana in Shelburne. Click HERE for directions.
5/20/2021 09:12:32 pm
Wonderful to see everyone. Lynda covered a lot of ground and got us thinking about some good ideas. Many thanks for this website and blog.
Leave a Reply.